Terms & Conditions
How it works:
Ride. Upload. Win.
Burton has teamed up with GoPro, Thredbo and Cardrona to present a brand new snowboarding contest taking place on two custom-built park features. For a five-week period, you’ll have the chance to ride the features, submit a video edit, and go into the draw to win weekly prizes as well as be in the running for best overall edit and people’s choice award worth $5000 each.
The Thredbo and Cardrona Park teams have each designed and built their own unique Burton x GoPro snowboard feature. Ride the feature, shoot a video, upload it via the GoPro Quik app to Instagram with #BattleOfTheBubble22 for your chance to win.
For four weeks starting August 1st 2022, six winners will be chosen by a panel of industry experts to receive a prize back from our event sponsors valued at up to $1000. These six videos will make up our finalist shortlist and from Sept 1st -8th, we’ll open the votes up to the general public where voters will choose the People’s Choice Edit worth $5000.
Our panel of judges will also pick their favorite video to be awarded the Battle of the Bubble 2022 Winner, also worth $5000.
- Entries open 9am August 1st, 2022 and close 5pm August 31st
- Video submissions must be made with the GoPro Quik App and include the GoPro Bumper https://gopro.com/en/au/shop/quik-app-video-photo-editor. The Quik App is free to download and available on the IOS and Android App store.
- Submitted videos must be of a duration of 1 min or less, and be posted as a Instagram Video or Instagram Reel (no YouTube, TikTok, Vimeo or Instagram TV)
- Minimum resolution of 1080p and edited using the GoPro Original Music from the app.
- The edit must feature at least one trick on the designated Battle of The Bubble Resort feature at either Thredbo Resort or Cardrona
- Riders in the edit must be snowboarders only, sorry, no skiers. Filmers may be skiers.
- For entry, video submissions must include the hashtag #battleofthebubble22 and tag @burtonaustralianz and @goproanz. Entrants may enter more than once.
- Helmets are not compulsory, but strongly advised
- Burton and GoPro reserve the right to amend the event period in response to Government Restrictions in place due to COVID 19
- Entrants must abide by the Thredbo Alpine Responsibility Code and/or the Cardrona Alpine Responsibility Code
Judges are looking for the following when choosing winners:
- Quality of riding and riding style
- Creative and multiple uses of the Battle of Bubble Feature
- Quality of editing
- Uniqueness and creativity of the Edit
- Entertainment factor
- Edit captures the resort experience
- Six Prizes Packs: for 5 weeks starting August 1st, six winners will be chosen to receive a prize back from our event sponsors. These include prize packs from YETI, Burton, GoPro up to a value of $1000 AU RRP
- People’s Choice Award: Most public number of votes from the top six videos will win the People’s Choice Award: $5000.
- Battle of the Bubble Champion: Picked by a panel of industry experts and brand representatives from Burton and GoPro, and based on judging criteria: $5000.
August 1st: Entries Open
August 31st: Entries Close
September 1st: People’s Choice Voting Commences
September 9th: Winner Announced
Burton User Generated Content Policy
Updated April 11, 2019
If you voluntarily engage with Burton or any of its affiliated brands (i.e. Anon) (collectively “Burton”) by e-mailing, posting, uploading or otherwise submitting photographs, graphics, videos, messages, comments or other material (collectively “Content”) on any Burton page, profile, or feed (collectively “Page”) or any social media platform (“Platform”) (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, SnapChat, YouTube, etc.), you agree to the following:
- You consent and grant to Burton the irrevocable, non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty free, worldwide right (but not the obligation), to use, copy, perform, reproduce, edit, modify, display, broadcast, distribute, prepare derivative works of (or incorporate into other works), and otherwise exploit the Content (or any portion thereof) in any form, manner or media now or hereafter known including but not limited to posting or reposting the Content across Burton’s digital properties (e.g., on Burton’s branded websites and social media pages) and using the Content for commercial purposes including marketing, advertising, and publicity.
- You understand and agree that you will not have any right to inspect or approve Burton’s use of the Content, the Content will not be returned to you, and you will not be paid or otherwise compensated for Burton’s use of your Content. Aside from the rights specifically granted herein, you retain ownership of all rights to your Content.
- You represent and warrant that (1) your Content is your original creation for which you own and/or control all rights, (2) your Content does not violate any laws or infringe the intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights or any other legal or moral rights of any third party, (3) your Content will not contain obscene, indecent, or harassing material or feature nudity or drug/alcohol use, (4) you have obtained the express permission of each identifiable person appearing in your Content to be included and displayed in the Content as provided herein, and (5) you have the full power and authority to grant the rights contemplated herein.
If you do not comply with this Policy, Burton reserves the right to restrict access to Burton’s Pages at its sole discretion, in addition to any other remedies that may be available.
You may request removal of any of your Content on Burton’s digital properties by sending a removal request email to email@example.com. Your e-mail must include a link to the URL of the page on which your Content is posted or a description of the page on which it is posted.
Burton’s Privacy and Cookies Policy
Updated October 11, 2018
For the purposes of European data protection law, the data controller of burton.com is The Burton Corporation. The data controller is responsible for determining why your data is collected and how it is processed.
In this Policy, we cover:
- Personal Information We Collect From You and Your Choices
- How We Use Information Collected from You
- Google Analytics
- Protection of Children’s Privacy
- Important Information for U.S. Residents of California
- Do Not Track
- Information for International Users
- How Secure is My Personal Information?
- Your Rights and How You Can Contact Us
Personal Information We Collect From You and Your Choices
We collect information you give us, permit us to access or when you enter into a contract or sales transaction with us. Such information includes your name, image, birth date, email and physical address, telephone number, gender, contact lists, social media information and profile, location (GPS) information, activity and performance information, and when necessary, credit card information. In addition, when you visit our website, we collect standard information about your electronic interaction with us, such as your IP address, browser type and language, operating system, cookie information (described below), web beacons (described below), pages visited on our site, referring and exit pages, and the dates and times of the visits. We process your information on the basis that your information is required for us to provide the website, products and services to you under the relevant contract between us.
Cookies. We automatically collect information using “cookies.” Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive by a web site. Among other things, cookies help us improve our site and your experience. Using cookies helps us see which areas and features are popular and helps us count visits to our site. When you click “Accept” on our consent request, you agree to the placement of cookies on your browser by us, our analytics and service providers, and marketing partners. If you do not click “Accept”, then we will remember your opt-out preference. You may change your preferences or withdraw your consent at any time. Many web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies from our site. If you set your browser not to accept cookies or if you reject a cookie, it may affect certain features or services of our site.
Web Beacons. We collect information using web beacons. Web beacons, or “gifs,” are electronic images that are used on our site or in our emails. We use web beacons to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and to tell if an email has been opened and acted upon. If you do not wish for us to track emails we send you, some email services allow you to adjust your display to turn off HTML or images which may disable tracking, or you may unsubscribe from our marketing emails via contacting Burton’s Rider Services or clicking “unsubscribe” in any marketing email.
A number of our suppliers also set cookies, web beacons, pixels, tags, and scripts on your browser or device on our behalf when you visit our site in order to deliver the services they are providing, analyze trends and site performance, administer the site, track users’ movements and behavior around the site, measure advertising effectiveness, and prevent fraud. This means that when you visit our site you receive cookies from third party websites or domains. We receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual and aggregated basis.
In the U.S., you can opt out of tracking on our website or others for online behavioral advertising by visiting the DAA’s Consumer Choice page at http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ or the Network Advertising Initiative’s page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/. In Europe, you can make choices about whether to allow tracking when you first visit our site and are asked to accept trackers.
How We Use Information Collected from You
Except as set forth below in this section, we will keep all information collected from you, including information collected on burton.com, confidential. We will use the collected information for the following legitimate purposes:
- To fulfill the services and provide the products you request from us.
- To enhance or customize your shopping experience with us.
- To better understand how users access and use our site, both on an aggregated and individualized basis
- To evaluate our site and our offerings to you as a visitor
- To respond to user preferences
- For research and analytical purposes
- To send you marketing notices including promotions of our products and services
We also employ other companies to perform functions on our behalf. These other companies help us by fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, assessing risk, automating decisions, and preventing fraud, and providing customer service. These companies have access to your information only as needed to perform their functions, but they are not permitted to use it for other purposes.
In addition, in the United States, we participate in cooperative data sharing programs for marketing purposes, where participants provide customer contact information for U.S. customers and purchase history information to the program vendor. This sharing allows participants to identify and segment persons who may be interested in the participants’ products and services in order to target such persons with relevant marketing. In connection with our participation in these programs, we share U.S. customers’ names, physical addresses, aggregate transaction information, and purchase history information with other companies for their marketing purposes. If you are a U.S. customer and you do not wish to have your name, physical address, transaction and purchase history information disclosed or used through these cooperative programs, you may choose to not participate and can let us know by contacting us via the methods set forth on https://www.burton.com/us/en/contact-us.
Additionally, we share your information with our affiliates Burton Snowboards, Burton Sportartikel, Burton Japan and Channel Islands in order to perform our contract with you, including the provision of our products and services.
Finally, we will release information if we are acquired by or merged with another company, or if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding.
Otherwise, we will keep the information we hold about you for as long as we believe is necessary to provide you the products, information and services you requested or as reasonably use for commercial purposes unless you tell us you want us to stop holding the information. We retain behavior information collected through Google Analytics for a period of 50 months and delete such information at the end of this period.
Burton.com uses a tool called Google Analytics for site analysis and also makes use of other Google Analytics features, including remarketing and audiences. For more information about Google Analytics and these features, go to http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners (“How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps”). Website users who don’t want their data collected and shared with Google Analytics can install the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on. To opt out of Google Analytics, go to https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Protection of Children’s Privacy
Burton.com does not knowingly collect any personal information from children under 13. Also, if you are under 18, you may use burton.com only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Important Information for U.S. Residents of California
In the United States, California residents have the right to request and obtain a list of the third parties, if any, to which their personal information (as defined by California law) has been disclosed for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes during the immediately prior calendar year (e.g. requests made in 2018 will receive information about 2017 sharing activities, if any). California residents also have the right to opt out of having their personal information shared for direct marketing purposes. You may opt out by contacting us via the methods set forth on https://www.burton.com/us/en/contact-us, using this Policy as the subject line, and include your full name, e-mail address, phone number and postal address in your message, or you may contact us at the postal address below, and include the same information in your letter.
Do Not Track
When we collect tracking information on our site, we do not respond to users’ Do Not Track settings in browsers. However, you may choose to decline cookies in your browser settings on a desktop computer, or by declining tracking in your settings on a mobile device.
Information for International Users
How Secure is My Personal Information?
We have implemented commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction, in accordance with industry practice and applicable laws. Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security. While we strive to protect information transmitted on or through our site, we cannot and do not guarantee the security of any information you transmit on or through the site and you do so at your own risk.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity, except where otherwise required by applicable law.
Your Rights and How You Can Contact Us
We collect and process your personal information on the basis that your personal information is required for us to provide the website, products and services to you under our contract with you or for the legitimate purposes set out in this Policy. You have choices related to how we use and share your personal information. In particular, you always have the right to request that we:
- provide you information about how we use your personal information;
- give you access to, and a copy of, your personal information that we store on our system;
- update, correct or delete your information held in our files;
- stop using, and require that third parties stop using, some or all of your personal information for certain purposes, even if you continue to use our site or services; or
- discontinue contacting you.
If you would like us to change how we deal with your personal information, you can send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us by mail at: The Burton Corporation, 180 Queen City Park Road, Burlington, VT 05401, Attn: General Counsel.
Additionally, if you are located in the European Union, you have the right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory data protection authority about our use of your personal information.
If you have questions about the guidelines described in this Policy, please email us directly at email@example.com.